Logging into Portal
1. Login at https://portal.dinetime.qsr.cloud/
2. Select DineTime from the drop-down menu.
3. From the row on the top of the web browser, click Sites and then choose your restaurant from the list that is shown.
4. From the row on the top of the web browser, click Floor Plans and then choose Shifts from the list bar on the left side of the web browser.
Create a Shift
A shift is copy of the floor plan that you would assign partners to for service. For example, you can create a shift based on time of day, like AM shift and PM shift. Or you could build a floor plan based on the season. For example, in the summer, you may have more sections than in the winter because your patio is open. You need to have at least one shift for your restaurant. In this example, we’ll make a shift for the Summer.
- Click the + button
- Enter a name for your Shift under the Name
- Choose which Floor Plan you want this shift to be applied to. Ensure the Table Sections option is highlighted in blue and click Add.
From here you must create Sections for your new Shift. During service, servers are assigned to sections which contain groups of tables. It’s advisable that you create enough sections for the busiest possible service times. For example, if during a Friday night in the summer, you expect that you’ll have partners working 5 dining room sections, 6 lounge sections and 3 patio sections, you’ll want to create 14 total sections in this space.
1. From the black row on the top of the web browser, click Floor Plans and then choose Shifts from the list bar on the left side of the web browser.
2. Choose the Shift which you want to add sections to and click the pencil icon.
3. Click the + button on the left-hand side of the screen beside Sections.
4. A window will pop up. The recommended settings are:
- Name: Use the following format Section #1, Section #2, Section 3…
- Color: Try to use as many unique colors as possible so that you can differentiate between colors when viewing sections from the floor plan.
- Server: Don’t assign any servers in the portal. You’ll assign these in the tablet app.
- Pager ID: Leave this blank
- On Active: Keep this set to Closed.
5. Once you’ve created all the section, click Done.
6. Once you’ve created all the sections, choose the Save and Close button.
Assign a Server to a Section
- From the Servers tab on the DineTime tablet, select the section which you want to assign a server to.
- Tap the Server button, a list of available servers in your restaurant will appear.
- Choose the server which want to assign to your selected section.
- From here you can move on or select which tables you want to assign to the section which you just assigned a server to.
Assign Tables to a Section
- From the Servers tab on the DineTime tablet.
- You should see the list of sections that you built on the DineTime Portal. Select one of the sections.
- Tap the Assign Tables button and choose the tables you want to include in the section that you’ve selected. Once you’ve selected the tables you want in the section, tap the blue check mark on the top right corner.